Can A Broken Chanel Bag Be Repaired?

can-a-broken-chanel-be-repaired-1

This post is dedicated to all those many Chanel lovers that have questions about refurbishment.

For starters, the estimated repair time is four to six weeks. Chanel sends the bag to the repair manufacturer, and once the repairs are done, the bag is shipped back to Chanel. When sending your bag off to get repaired, you don’t have to worry about providing your box or authenticity card—just the bag is all you need.

If your bag just so happens to be fake, the manufacturer will return it unrepaired. Authenticity is proven once the bag arrives at the repair manufacturer. The price to have your bag repaired is $265, but if the bag only has small damages then the price is lower.

What Can be Fixed on Chanel Bags?
Well, almost everything on a Chanel bag can be fixed. It varies from each model. For example, the jumbo bag chains, the ‘CC’ logos, and buckles can all be repaired or even changed. If you want silver hardware instead of gold, the repair manufacturer can do that for you. However, you must be mindful that new hardware doesn’t necessarily make your bag look as good as new.

What Can’t be Fixed on Chanel Bags?
The leather is probably the most difficult thing to repair on a Chanel bag. Scratches from wear and tear over time cannot go away. Once your leather is damaged, then it’s damaged for good. There is some minor work that can be done, but your leather surface will never look like new again.

Another thing that can’t be completely repaired on a Chanel bag is the lining. There is no actual service that Chanel provides for this. However, if you’re willing to take a risk, you could always go to your local cobbler or leather smith. Personally, I’m not too fond of using outside services for my Chanel bags.

I fear that they might hurt my bag rather than help it. I’d rather pay Chanel a little extra to have the security that my bag is in the right hands.

Line-2

If you like this site, follow us at our Facebook page.
Subscribe to our newsletter and become a member.

COMMENTS
  • Jessica James

Hi my chanel bag was purchased in singapore Chanel boutique. This was in 2009 and yes I still have the original receipt. My bag leather below has a slight wear and tear. Please kindly advise if I can have this repaired. Appreciate your prompt response and valuable advise. Thank you

September 14, 2016
  • Edna

Hi! Just bought a pre-owned bag from someone who bought in Chanel boutique. I still have the original receipt. Can I take the bag for refurbishment just in case? Im not the first owner but the purchase is in Chanel Boutique. Would they still do it eventhough Im not the first owner?

June 23, 2016
  • Tanya Pringle

Tanya Pringle May 23, 2016 Reply

I HAVE A LARGE PATENT LEATHER CHANEL BAG BROUGHT IN 2011 AND THE LEATHER HANDLES HAS SEEN BETTER DAYS AND THE PATENT IS CRACKING ON THE BOTTOM AND THE ENTRY OF THE BAG DO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS SOMETHING CHANEL CAN REPAIR.? I AM WILLING TO PAY AND NO I DO NOT HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE.

May 23, 2016
    • cynthia

Hi Tanya, there are repair policies at Chanel, but you never know. I would say, visit the boutique and let them take a look at it. Or take the refurbishment or spa, perhaps they can fix it. The SA can tell you more about it.

May 27, 2016
  • sarah

Hello ! So happy to find this 🙂
    I have a Camellia Wallet on chain and it will not stay closed . Even when empty … Any suggestions? I feel the snap needs to be replaced.

Thanks ,Sarah

May 12, 2016
    • Cynthia

When did you buy your Camellia wallet, I also think its the snap problem.

May 13, 2016
  • Ivy

****

April 22, 2016
  • Ivy

Hi everyone, my Chanel seasonal flap patent leather has some manufacturer defects (Stitching and “bubble pop” on the patent leather), can consider as MINOR defects, but i don’t want to pay so much and get this kind of quality bag. Purchased date in July 2015. Is the bag still under warranty? Have texted my SA, she asked me to bring the bag to the Chanel boutique and let her see. Just wondering is the defects can be fixed 🙁 *sobs

April 22, 2016
    • Cynthia

Hi Ivy, your bag is still under warranty. The SA will send it back to the manufacturer to take a look at tit. I think it can be fixed.

April 23, 2016
      • Ivy

Hi Cynthia, thanks for the reply. 🙂
        I’m going to visit Chanel boutique on this coming Tuesday. Anyhow, this bag is actually a gift from my friend, and the customer name on the receipt is not my name, will that be a problem affect the warranty? I’m not familiar with Chanel warranty policy. Ive asked 3rd party company about the patent leather problem and they can’t solve it. I’m worried that Chanel can’t solve this as well. 🙁

April 23, 2016
        • Cynthia

Hi Ivy, the most important thing is the receipt. You have the receipt right?

April 27, 2016
          • Ivy

Hi Cynthia, yes yes i have 🙂

April 27, 2016
          • Cynthia

Hi Ivy, alright then it shouldn’t be a problem at all to get it fixed. Keep us updated.

April 29, 2016
  • Ruth

This is the picture

March 31, 2016
  • Ruth

Hi, i just bought a preloved chanel kelly. But the handle is torn a bit. Will
    Chanel boutique repair this?
    Pls advise..

March 31, 2016
  • Kelly

Hello, my Husky decided to eat my strap in half on my Lady Pearly handbag. Do you think they could repair this or perhaps replace the strap?

March 24, 2016
    • Cynthia

Hi Kelly, when did you buy this bag? The leather strap can be changed/repaired. Please check with the Chanel boutique (don’t let third party do it).

March 26, 2016
  • rhonda

HI- I am so glad I found this.
    I lost my tassel on my Chanel Camera Shoulder bag— i have the charm that it goes into but need a tassel.
    Where can i get one replaced and inserted? I live in New York

February 14, 2016
    • Anonymous

Hi Rhona, don’t you have a picture? Is it a vintage bag?

February 20, 2016
  • Trine

Hi, Can this be fixed? It is like the leather is pealing of. The bag is very dry, Can i give it somerhing? Im going to Bangkok and Singapore next Mounth, Will they be able to help me

December 17, 2015
    • Cynthia

Hi Trine, you should not use any products. Go to the Chanel boutique for advice, they might be able to help you

December 19, 2015
  • Muffin

I bout a pre loved cabas. How ever the Chanel tag is missing, the actual bag charm. Where can I get a replacement charm

December 9, 2015
    • Cynthia

Hi Muffin, you might find one on Ebay, or you can go to a Chanel boutique and perhaps they can get you a replacement. It’s pre-owned you said, is it a vintage bag?

December 11, 2015
  • Anonymous

Hi …may I know why my GST ring part will become like that

November 25, 2015
    • Anonymous

Why ring part become like that

November 25, 2015
      • Anonymous

Yes..is peeling off …I bought on 2013…only use a few times…

December 3, 2015
    • Cynthia

Hi, I cannot look clearly. Is the golden hardware peeling off? Or is there something sticking on it? Also how long do you have this bag already?

November 28, 2015
      • Cynthia

Take this to the Chanel boutique for explanation because this is not a luxury fashion quality. They will get this fixed.

December 6, 2015
  • Kany

I have been asking around for the possible way to fix this and vintage Chanel in Bangkok had been telling me that they cannot fix it. Now I am in London for school, and hope there would be mor solution available here. Any suggestion please?

November 3, 2015
    • Cynthia

Hi Kany, did you went to the Chanel boutique in Bangkok? It looks like its a leather issue, it’s not easy to fix.

November 3, 2015
  • Emilie

I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS!!! I honestly don’t know what to do…

I own a pre-owned 2.55 from 2008. I got it a few months back. I was at a birthday, and somebody might have stepped on the chain so the gold “broke” and the leather was the only thing holding the back …. A friend of mine put the gold back, but the gold looks so ugly because it is twisted around the leather in weird ways…

Is Chanel able to replace the chain? Or even just fix it? Is anyone familiar with the price of this? A friend of mine told me it was about 1000$ to get a new chain … I simply cannot afford that, I don’t know what to do…

Besides that I’m from Denmark, and we don’t have a Chanel boutique here…. What to do? Please help 🙁

I have everything except the receipt; dustbag, authentic card, bag etc.

October 26, 2015
    • melissa

Hi Emilie, contact the Chanel customer service and explain that you’re living in Denmark and there are not Chanel boutiques. Tell them you don’t know what happened to the chain and ask whether you can send to get it repaired.

I am not sure about the price, I got mine CC hardware and turnlock fixed for 170 usd total a few years back. I remembered the price for replacing the chains was around 165 usd. Email the customer service for info and prices.

October 26, 2015
  • Alicia

I am really hoping you can offer some insight into this bag – is it a true vintage Chanel? The stitch count seems to be correct, all the zips match up, it is a beautiful leather and so on…….I really appreciate it!!!!!

October 25, 2015
    • Cynthia

Do you have a picture of the entire bag?

October 25, 2015
  • Erin

This is my purse

October 15, 2015
    • Cynthia

Hi Erin, please read Coco’s message (below), we just got some news that Chanel will not repair bags after 5 years. You can give it a try, who knows.

October 18, 2015
  • Erin

The zipper pull broke on my vintage Chanel it’s attached to a tassel. I was informed by the leather surgeons that the finish is no longer available. Will Chanel replace it even though it’s vintage?

October 15, 2015
  • coco

Hi.
    There’s been an update of the repair policy at the Chanel boutique! I was there on Oct 8 2015 to pick up my bag after dropping it for cleaning. They did an excellent job on it. It felt and looked new! It was a pre-owned pink lamb skin boy bag. It had scuffs and dirt on it. cost about $290 ish.. This is my second pre-owned bag they serviced. I just love getting it done at the boutique. Because, you get a dust bag and box if yours didn’t come with one. And a cute Chanel bag if you pick it up at the boutique. But now I won’t be able to enjoy the service anymore… : (

She told me of the new policy of the repair service offered at the boutique.
    1. You have to show a proof of purchase from a boutique.
    2. It has to be within 5 years from the purchase of the item.

These new conditions sucks because now I can’t take my pre-owned items there! 🙁 🙁
    So now I will have to take it to the leather surgeons for my pre-owed items. So sad about this new policy!!! whyyyyyy change it you know. They should service their products even if its vintage. It still Chanel keep supporting your customers. My GST I bought at the boutique. What if i need it serviced 10 yrs from now?! Well I can’t go back to the boutique anymore…I have to use some 3rd party company. I hope they change this policy!!!

October 11, 2015
    • Cynthia

Hi Coco, thank you so much for your story. We’re going to share it to the community. Which Chanel boutique did you visited btw?

October 13, 2015
  • Rudolf

Dear,
    Can be this fixed? And CC logo regilded?
    Regards, Rudolf

October 2, 2015
    • Nina

Hi Rudolf, I think it can be repaired. You need to take it to an official Chanel boutique to get this done as perfect as possible. Have you tried it yet?

October 4, 2015
  • Jenny

Hi I would like to buy a pre loved Chanel bag but almost all the chains on the ones I like are tarnished can they change the chain? If so where can I take it and how much would it cost me? Thank you I would highly appreciate your answer

July 23, 2015
    • Cynthia

Hi Jenny, it depends on the damage. Generally the chain can be repaired. Is it a vintage bag by the way? The price really depends and you need to check with the SA of Chanel to get the info. Your bag will be sent to the manufacture, they will take a look at it. And perhaps you can also refurbish if you want.

July 25, 2015
  • Anna

And one more

July 10, 2015
    • Cynthia

This is not really good, but it can be fixed by Chanel. If its authentic, Chanel will fix. Perhaps with a small price.

Keep us informed.